MISSION AND VALUES
The HHS Advising Center serves first- and second-year students pursuing a major within the School of Health and Human Sciences departments. We support and empower students to pursue their educational and career goals, make informed academic plans and decisions, and enhance their professional and personal growth through alignment with their interests, values, and purpose.
Academic Services and Support
- Academic pathways and major exploration
- Course planning for timely academic progress
- Academic skill development and success coaching
- Teaching foundations and life design courses
- Referrals to campus resources
- Prospective student information
- New student advising and orientation
Our HHS Advising team strives to sustain advising excellence to provide the best academic experience for our students and to promote the collaboration that is vital to a successful professional team. We serve our students and each other through our commitment to these values:
- Welcoming – We seek to make all Center visitors feel welcome.
- Empowering – We make every effort to give equitable, individualized support to each student to encourage their engaged learning and to develop their unique strengths, interests, and abilities.
- Team-Oriented – We sustain a collaborative team environment, actively serving our students and the University community and recognizing help-seeking as a strength.
- Informed – We consistently develop and update our knowledge of advising best practices and University programs and policies.
- Inclusive – We create a safe environment for all, value the expression of diverse identities, and have no tolerance for discrimination or bias.