- Obesity, energy balance and chronic disease: Dr. Beverly, Dr. Fordahl, Dr. McGuirt, Dr. Morrison, Dr. Shriver
- Bio-active food component effects on cell function and prevention of disease processes: Dr. Erikson, Dr. Fordahl, Dr. Kipp, Dr. Morrison, Dr. Zhou
- Nutrition risks and needs of under-served/limited resource populations: Dr. Armah, Dr. Dharod, Dr. Haldeman, Dr. McGuirt, Dr. Perrin, Dr. Shriver
The Nutrition faculty are fully engaged in the research process central to the research productivity in the life sciences and allied health sciences at UNCG, and actively collaborating with other researchers at UNCG and at other institutions such as:
- Johns Hopkins University,
- Vanderbilt University,
- Duke University,
- Wake Forest University,
- East Carolina University,
- the University of Georgia,
- North Carolina State University,
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
- Appalachian State University,
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte,
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University 9SJTU), P.R. China.
Faculty research programs have been funded from national governmental agencies including the National Institutes of Health and the US Department of Agriculture, and national foundations including the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, American Heart Association, and J.B. Reynolds Foundation.
Research is also supported by local, state and regional agencies including the US Department of Agriculture Southern Rural Development Center and the North Carolina Healthy Weight Initiative Community Grants Program.