The mission of the Center for Women’s Health and Wellness is to advance the health and wellness of all women and girls through collaborative research, educational programs, and community engagement.
CWHW places strong emphasis on the promotion of positive health, quality of life and sense of well being for girls and women of all ages, from all backgrounds and communities. CWHW seeks to incubate and coordinate programs, research and education that support its mission.
Currently, we are home to three programs:
- Program for Breastfeeding, Gender and Health
- Program to end Gender-Based Violence
- Program for the Advancement of Girls and Women in Sport and Physical Activity
- LEARN: LGBTQ+ education and Research Network.
We appreciate your interest in the Center for Women’s Health and Wellness at UNCG. We invite you to contact us, visit our website, or come by for a visit.
We accept financial gifts that further our mission. We have specific needs for funds to support:
- Graduate Assistantships: CWHW graduate students provide support to the Center and programs. Our GA’s have the opportunity to contribute to research, development of community partnerships, and educational programming.
- Program Support. Support for faculty are provided who direct center programs and to fund the development of a pilot project
- Community Engaged Partners. This funding is used to provide monetary support to the staff and/or organizations of local programs that partner with us on our scholarship and educational programs. Current partners include: Greensboro YWCA, Family Services of the Piedmont, NC High School Athletic Program, NC Coalition Against Domestic Violence, NC Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and the Mother-Baby Foundation in High Point.