The UNCG Speech and Hearing Center provides assessment and treatment of motor speech disorders for clients of all ages. These services are designed to maximize communication strengths and enhance social interaction through improved respiration, phonation and/or articulation.
What does the UNCG Speech and Hearing Center offer clients in the area of motor speech disorders?
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessment that will differentiate the specific type of motor speech disorder
- Written diagnostic report with specific recommendations and appropriate referrals
- Face-to-face discussion of the results and clinical interpretation of the findings from assessment
- Treatment plan with tailored goals and skilled interventions for rehabilitation that are research-based, for example, Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- Individual or group therapy provided by skilled graduate students supervised by an ASHA-certified clinical educator with expertise in motor speech disorders
- Progress reports informing clients of progress toward achieving intervention goals