Read about stuttering therapy in this informational article, written by UNC Greensboro audiologists.
The UNCG Speech and Hearing Center provides diagnostic and intervention services for children and adults with fluency disorders, i.e., stuttering and/or cluttering.
What does the UNCG Speech and Hearing Center offer clients in the area of fluency disorders?
Get in touch!
- comprehensive diagnostic assessment of the following factors associated with stuttering: frequency and severity of dysfluencies, speaking rate, physical concomitants and feelings and attitudes about communication
- comprehensive diagnostic assessment of the following factors associated with cluttering: speaking rate, fluency, clarity of articulation and organization of language in conversational speech
- written diagnostic report of findings with recommendations for clients, parents and teachers
- face-to-face discussion of the results of evaluation and clinical interpretation of the findings
- treatment plan with tailored goals and skilled interventions for remediation
- individual therapy provided by skilled graduate students supervised by an ASHA-certified speech-language pathologist with expertise in the area
- progress reports informing clients of progress toward achieving intervention goals in the area of fluency