The Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a concentration in Health Studies program has a secondary application that requires interested students to formally apply to the major after admittance to the University. For more information about applying to the University please visit University Admissions.
Students intending to apply to the Health Studies concentration should do so prior to the application deadline: April 1st.*
The department seeks to admit a limited number of highly qualified students. Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Possession of a prior degree (AA, AS, BA, or BS)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Completion of Public Health-Related Courses:
- 1 Biology Course – Principles of Biology (BIO 111), Anatomy, and/or Physiology
- 1 English Course – Composition I
- 1 Intro to Computing Course – Business Computing (ISM 110)
- 1 Communications Course – Public Speaking or Workplace Communications
- 1 Math Course – Must be College Algebra or higher
- 1 Socio-behavioral Course – Intro to Sociology or Intro to Psychology
- All transfer courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher
Students completing an AA or AS degree, with grades of C or higher, from a North Carolina community college could qualify for the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) at UNCG. CAA satisfies all General Education Core requirements. However, the Public Health-Related Courses above must still be completed prior to admission.
Potential students can search for transfer equivalencies at UNCG:
- NC Community College
- All schools other than NC Community Colleges
Click here to apply. *At this time the Health Studies application is closed. Anyone who would like more information regarding application updates should contact the Department of Public Health Education at email@example.com.