The Nutrition Graduate Student Association (NGSA) is a student fee-funded organization formed by students to promote the interests of the UNCG Nutrition graduate students. Please check out our site on Spartan Connect by typing in NGSA in the search bar for more information.
The purpose of the NGSA is to provide social support, funding, networking, and career-building opportunities. We also participate in events and with organizations to give back to the community through service and volunteering.
The NGSA meets once a month. Meetings are now back in-person! NGSA meetings give us a chance to take a deep breath, share some thoughts about our research and course work, and have some fun.
- Create a forum for constructive peer support that fosters professional development through discussion of research objectives, the current scientific literature, and oral presentations of our own research.
- Promote campus awareness of the department and develop collaborative research efforts between nutrition and other UNCG departments and affiliates.
- Promote nutrition awareness in the community at large by participating in health and nutrition outreach.
To register and join our team: UNCG Nutrition Graduate Student Association
- Please contact Mali Hosseinzadeh for more information at email@example.com
- Membership dues: $5/semester
2022 -2023 OFFICERS
- President: Heather Emmons
- Vice President: Tori Tepe
- Treasurer: Mali Hosseinzadeh
- Secretary: Lora McDevitt
- GSA Senator: Heather Emmons
- Student Government Association Representative: Mali Hosseinzadeh
- Faculty Advisor: Jigna Dharod, Ph.D.