In addition to the Application to the Graduate School and the Application Fee, you will need:
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate school transcripts. Preferred undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above and graduate school GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Three academic or professional references that attest to the student’s academic ability, nature of work performance, commitment to social work values, and ability to conduct scholarship.
- GRE Exam is waived for 2020-2021!
This should demonstrate:
- Substantive areas of expertise or interest,
- Professional positions,
- Teaching or training experiences,
- Research or grant experiences,
- Professional publications and presentations,
- Professional affiliations, honors, awards,
This statement should:
- Describe your professional goals,
- Describe your previous professional/academic experience and how that impacts your potential for engaging in doctoral-level scholarship,
- Describe your interest in the Joint Ph.D. in Social Work Program,
- Describe your research interest and tentative plan for research
Samples of Professional Writing
Include a sample of professional writing such as a research proposal, grant application, academic or professional report, or publication that demonstrates intellectual potential.
- Note that interviews may be required.