Joining the Birth through Kindergarten or Early Care and Education Program
- Online degree completion is available to students who articulate to UNC Greensboro with an AAS degree in Early Childhood Education from a North Carolina Community College.
- Main Campus degree completion is available to new first year students, students with an AAS degree, or students transferring from other universities or community colleges.
- The details of the Articulation Agreement can be found here.
- Commitment to anti-bias education
- Commitment to and support of access, participation and supports for the inclusion of children with diverse abilities in activities and environments in which all children learn together
- Collaboration with families of all the children we serve, building on family cultural capital and working with families as partners and experts for their children
- Affirmation and embracement of diversity and demonstrating cultural competence and equity through leadership, advocacy, activism and individualizing practices
- Parity within professional partnerships through collaboration, communication, equity, leadership, advocacy, and activism
Selected Career Options
- Child care teacher or administrator
- Teaching Kindergarten in public schools or NC Pre-K classrooms (with BK Licensure)
- Early intervention programs (additional credential required)
- Specialized education programs (additional coursework may be required)
- Work with nonprofits of government agencies (Smart Start, Parents as Teachers)
- See here for more Career Options
- Study abroad opportunities
- Individualized attention from faculty members from two departments
- Student group that links you to professional associations and integrates you into the field
- Walk out the door with all requirements for licensure in North Carolina
- Be trained by faculty recognized at local, national, and international levels as innovative teachers and accomplished scholars