Joining the Birth through Kindergarten or Early Care and Education Program
- Online degree completion is available to students who articulate to UNC Greensboro with an AAS degree in Early Childhood Education from a North Carolina Community College.
- Main Campus degree completion is available to new first year students, students with an AAS degree, or students transferring from other universities or community colleges.
- The details of the Articulation Agreement can be found here.
- Inclusion of children with disabilities in settings with children who are typically developing
- Collaboration with families of all the children we serve, viewing them as experts on their children
- Affirming and embracing diversity and demonstrating cultural competence
- Professional partnerships
Selected Career Options
- Child care teacher or administrator
- Teaching Kindergarten in public schools or NC Pre-K classrooms (with BK Licensure)
- Early intervention programs (additional credential required)
- Specialized education programs (additional coursework may be required)
- Work with nonprofits of government agencies (Smart Start, Parents as Teachers)
- Study abroad opportunities
- Individualized attention from faculty members from two departments
- Student group that links you to professional associations and integrates you into the field
- Walk out the door with all requirements for licensure in North Carolina
- Be trained by faculty recognized at local, national, and international levels as innovative teachers and accomplished scholars
Programs of Study