Students interested in an HDFS minor:
- Coursework required for an HDFS minor is listed in the HDFS undergraduate bulletin.
- Important information for HDFS minors is provided.
- HDFS minors do not need to meet with an HDFS advisor. However, if you have questions about the HDFS minor, you may contact an advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students interested in an HDFS major:
- Information on career paths associated with our different concentrations is located on the HDFS website.
- Additional assistance with career counseling is available through the UNCG Career Center.
- Coursework required for the different HDFS concentrations is listed in the HDFS undergraduate bulletin.
- You should conduct a “what-if” analysis to see what courses you will need to take if you declare an HDFS major right now. Instructions for using Degree Works are available on the Registrar’s website. Pay particular attention to the instructions for how to conduct a “what-if” analysis. When conducting this analysis, make sure that you select from the pull-down menu options a program of “Bachelor of Science in HHS,” a major of “Human Dev and Family Studies,” and the concentration in which you are interested.
Online degree completion program students:
- Students in the online degree completion program are advised separately.
- Students in either their first or second semester at UNCG should participate in advising at email@example.com during the days designated for advising by the university.
- Continuing students currently in their third semester or more should attend online departmental advising days. Watch your e-mail and the BK-ECE Canvas organization for information about departmental Advising Days and how to participate in advising from the firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- For information about our online degree completion program, please visit HDFS Early Childhood Online Degree Completion Program website. For information about advising, please contact Kathryn Aldridge at email@example.com.
First year and sophomore students:
- First-year and sophomore HDFS majors receive advising through the HHS Advising Center. You may contact the center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors and seniors:
- Junior and senior HDFS majors receive advising through the HDFS department. If you have an advising question, you may contact an advisor at email@example.com.
- HDFS requires that junior and senior HDFS majors attend in-person advising meetings once each semester during pre-registration. Watch your e-mail for information about departmental Advising Days and how to sign up for an advising appointment.
- Undergraduate Plan of Study
All HDFS majors:
- Important information for HDFS majors in the Child, Youth, & Family concentration is provided here:
- Important information for HDFS majors in the on-campus Birth to Kindergarten Teacher Licensure and Early Care and Education concentrations is provided here:
- Instructions for how to register for classes:
- Look at your audit in Degree Works to see what classes you need to take.
- While you are looking at your degree audit, consult the instructions that appear above and make a list of courses you may want to take in the upcoming semester.
- Use the class schedule option in UNCGenie to locate courses on your list that have seats available and meet your scheduling constraints. Be sure to check the list of footnotes for each section of each course to make sure it is a section you can register for. Some courses are restricted to students in specific degree programs or have pre-requisites that you may not yet have. Take your time getting to know how the class schedule option in UNCGenie works. You can search for courses based on departments or based on whether they meet various UNCG requirements (e.g., General Education categories, Speaking Intensive, Writing Intensive).
- As you locate possible courses, write down their CRNs.
- When you are ready to register, enter the CRNs of the sections into the boxes in the Add/Drop Classes section (Pdf) of UNCGenie.