Undergraduate Research Opportunities
How can you participate?
433 Independent Study
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- UNCG Psychology majors only
- Must be reliable and conscientious
- Must have already taken PSY 311 (Research Methods)
- Must have an interest in applying for graduate school
- Must be reliable, dependable, productive, industrious, & conscientious
- Anyone with free time, but not enough room for another class credit
- We can accept undergraduates students (from UNCG or other schools), graduate students, recent grads, etc.
Examples of Projects
- Data management
- Independent Video Coding Projects
- Interviewing children in local schools
- Filming lab visits
- Assisting in lab visits
- One-on-one work with graduate students
I am interested in social and emotional development in infancy and early childhood. I currently have four ongoing collaborative research projects that involve following young children and their families to better understand early development.
Current Research Opportunities
I also accept Postdoctoral Fellows in both the Department of Human Development & Family Studies and in the Department of Psychology at UNCG. Email me if you are interested in more information.
In addition, I am a mentor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where Postdoctoral Fellowships are also available. For more information about this program, visit the Center for Developmental Science's site or contact me via email.