The documents below should be used when starting a new search; instructions are included to provide guidance through out the process.
- Request to Retain & Search Guidelines
- Memo to Dean: Request to Retain Line (doc) (Sample)
- HHS Search Guidelines & Instructions (doc)
- BOG Classification Form – For new positions with salaries of $70K or higher
- Search Handbook: Recruiting Diverse Faculty (PDF)
For more resources visit Recruiting Diverse Faculty
- Search Committee Appointment Letter (doc) (Template)
Questions about SpartanTalent? Contact Natalie Jacobs in Human Resources, 334-4783.
Negotiating & Hiring
The following are used once a candidate has been selected and the committee is ready to make an unofficial offer.
- New Hire Information & Start up Sheet (xlsx)
To be completed by the department and returned to the Dean’s Office
- Hiring Agreement Letter (doc) Tenure Track template
- Hiring Agreement Letter (doc) Academic Professional template
- Final Hiring Paperwork Office of the Provost
This includes PD7a, certification, verification, candidate’s CV, and official transcript
- HHS New Faculty Checklist (doc)