HEALTH AND WELLNESS TOPICS for GIRLS AND WOMEN
One of the goals of the Center for Women’s Health and Wellness is to disseminate research based information that is accessible to the general public and that can have a direct impact on the lives of girls and women both locally and globally.
The content on this page has been developed by UNCG students who have engaged in the Center through an intensive internship or independent study project. To develop these topics, students:
- Choose a topic of interest that has current relevance to women’s health and wellness.
- Consulted databases and conducted informal interviews to learn more about the challenges and barriers relative to that issue.
- Conducted a literature review to understand, in-depth, the current research evidence related to the topic.
- Developed an online educational resource with practical tips and strategies and a list of additional resources where individuals can learn more.
- Each topic was reviewed by 2-3 faculty or practitioners with content expertise for accuracy and relevance.
We hope you find these resources informative and helpful in your daily lives.
If you are a UNCG student and would like to learn more about opportunities to engage with the Center on developing these health topics, please visit the student section under our Engage tab.