To inspire girls and women to lead healthy, activity lifestyles, and reach their full potential for mental and physical health and well-being.
Through evidence-based research, education, and community engagement, our mission is to promote physical and mental health and well-being for girls and women in an equitable, inclusive and socially just manner. We will engage diverse, interdisciplinary research teams to understand the bio-psycho-social facilitators and barriers to mental and physical well-being; how they develop, intersect and change with physical activity behavior across the lifespan; and develop evidence-based strategies to improve the lives of girls and women.
- Collaborate: Engage faculty, staff, students and community partners from diverse disciplines and backgrounds to expand our reach and impact
- Integrate: Embrace the whole person through a biopsychosocial, developmental approach across the lifespan
- Equity: Strive to better understand and work to dismantle the inequities in society that shape the health and well-being of women and girls
- Influence: Inspire meaningful change in the health and wellness of girls and women by translating research into evidence-based practice
- Mentor: Commit to growing the next generation of scientists, educators and practitioners to address the health and wellbeing of girls and women
UNCG Diversity Equity Statement
It is important to listen, learn and engage in conversations around issues of systemic racism. But what’s needed most is concrete action. We must move beyond our words and take proactive stems to examine our individual biases, rethink existing systems and structures, and implement plan for a more equitable future.
The Center for Women’s Health and Wellness will take intentional action towards these goals through our Center activities. To take action, read more about racial equity.