Minor in CTR
The Minor in Community Therapeutic Recreation complements a number of majors, including biology, business administration, communication studies, counseling and educational development, geography, history, hospitality and tourism management, Human Development and Family Studies, kinesiology, political science, psychology, public health, and social work. Details on the minor can be found here.
Requirements for the Community and Therapeutic Recreation Minor
Required: minimum of 15 semester hours
Must complete the courses listed below for a total of 9 s.h.
- CTR 101 Leisure and American Lifestyles or CTR 111 Introduction to Recreation and Parks
- CTR 212 Leadership in Recreation and Parks or CTR 213 Program Planning in Recreation and Parks
- CTR 416 Management in Recreation and Parks
All students must select 6–9 s.h. from one of the two department concentrations.
- CTR 241 Community Recreation
- CTR 342 Recreation Area and Facility Development
- CTR 423 Meeting and Event Planning and Management
- CTR 429 Special Event Management
- CTR 445 Financing Recreation and Parks
- CTR 451/ENT 451/STH 451 Service Management
- CTR 231 Introduction to Therapeutic Recreation
- CTR 314 Recreation Services with Underrepresented Groups
- CTR 332 Clinical Procedures in Therapeutic Recreation
- CTR 338 Client Assessment in Therapeutic Recreation
- CTR 433 Trends and Issues in Therapeutic Recreation
- CTR 437 Interventions and Facilitation Techniques in Therapeutic Recreation