CTR Group Advising for Winter 2020 and Spring 2021 courses was held October 22 and 23, 2020. If you are advised by a CTR advisor, and you have not registered for Winter 2020 and/or Spring 2021 courses, contact your advisor for an appointment.
Graduate students in the CTR Department are assigned to a faculty advisor upon admission, and work directly with this advisor throughout their time in the program. They do not attend group advising sessions.
Undergraduate students in the CTR Department are, in most cases, advised based on the number of credit hours earned.
- If a student has 45 credit hours or less, they are advised by the HHS Advising Center.
- If a student has 46 or more credit hours, they are assigned to a CTR faculty advisor, and will receive SignUpGenius invitations each semester to register for a required CTR Group Advising session.
To find your advisor:
- Login to UNCGenie.
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid.
- Select Registration.
- Select Look up Advisor.
- Select the term from the drop down list.
- Click View Advisor.
- Your advisor is now displayed.
During a group advising session, students are assisted with planning a schedule for the upcoming semester. Then, once the schedule has been determined, students are given an advising code with which to register. To prepare for a group advising session, students should gather the following items:
- A tentative course schedule based on your Plan of Study and the Genie list of courses for the upcoming semester. This tentative course schedule should include the CRN#’s, section #’s, and times and days the courses are offered (course information can be found in Genie).
- A copy of your current degree works report showing the courses for which you have earned credit, and courses you have yet to complete.
- Any questions you have relating to advising and registration.
Once you have completed your group advising session, you will have a class schedule and your advising code for next semester, so you will be ready to register for your courses at your first registration window!
To find your registration window: http://reg.uncg.edu/registration/instruction-resources/?panel=2