BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.S.) DEGREE IN PARKS AND RECREATION MANAGEMENT
Students in the Bachelors of Science in Recreation and Parks Management program choose from 2 concentrations
1- Community Recreation and Event Planning
The Community Recreation and Event Planning (CREP) concentration prepares students to plan, implement, market, and manage programs and events in the public, non-profit, private, and for-profit sectors in recreation/leisure and health related industries. Read more…
2- Therapeutic Recreation
The Therapeutic Recreation (TR) concentration prepares students for entry-level jobs at the specialist and supervisory levels of practice. The TR program includes courses that meet some pre-requisites for OT graduate programs. Read more…
- Among May 2021 CTR UG graduates, 29% applied to graduate school, and 100% of those who applied were accepted
- Among May 2021 CTR UG graduates, 87.5% were employed 3-months post-graduation
REQUEST MORE INFO ON THE B.S. IN RECREATION AND PARKS DEGREE PROGRAM.
- Fieldwork and volunteer opportunities offer hands-on practical experience in myriad professional and community settings appropriate to the student’s career goals.
- Professional development opportunities include workshops and conferences.
- In-service learning and fieldwork provide students with opportunities to begin building their professional network prior to graduation.
- Undergraduate Research Assistantships are available to support students as they gain valuable research experience by working with faculty members.
- UNCG offers extensive and affordable study abroad opportunities.
- UNCG Admissions Page.
- “Change of Major” online form.