CTR Undergraduate Degree Program
In the undergraduate degree program, students earn a Bachelor of Science in Recreation and Parks Management, and choose a degree program concentration in Therapeutic Recreation OR Community Recreation and Event Planning
The Community Recreation and Event Planning (CREP) concentration prepares students to plan, implement, market, and manage programs and events in the public, non-profit, private, and for-profit sectors in recreation/leisure and health related industries. Read more…
The Therapeutic Recreation (TR) concentration prepares students for entry-level jobs at the specialist and supervisory levels of practice. The TR program includes courses that meet some pre-requisites for OT graduate programs. Read more…
- Fieldwork and volunteer opportunities offer hands-on practical experience in myriad professional and community settings appropriate to the student’s career goals.
- Professional development opportunities include workshops and conferences.
- In-service learning and fieldwork provide students with opportunities to begin building their professional network prior to graduation.
- Undergraduate Research Assistantships are available to support students as they gain valuable research experience by working with faculty members.
- UNCG offers extensive and affordable study abroad opportunities.