The Department of Community and Therapeutic Recreation offers a unique program designed for qualified UNCG undergraduate students who are pursuing a B.S. in Recreation and Parks Management.
In the AMP program, students have the opportunity to graduate with a Bachelor of Science AND Master of Science degree, within a 5-year time period.
Not only does the student earn a M.S. degree in a shorter period of time, but they also save a substantial amount of money, since up to 12 credit hours of graduate-level AMP coursework will count toward their undergraduate degree.
Requirements and Admission
- Students must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5 based on at least 30 hours earned at UNCG.
- Students must have completed at least 60 semester credits and may not apply for admission to the AMP before the first semester of the junior year
- No entrance exam is required
- Students must submit the Request for Accelerated Master’s Program form to the Graduate School, and must simultaneously apply for admission to the graduate degree program.
Admitted students may apply a maximum of 12 credits of graduate-level coursework (each course carries 3 credits) from the following course list toward completion of both the undergraduate and graduate degree, provided that they earn a grade of “B” (3.0) or better in each course and fulfill graduate-level requirements.
- Download the AMP Q&A Handout (PDF)
- Overview of the B.S. in Recreation and Parks Management Degree Program
- Overview of the M.S. in Parks and Recreation Management Degree Program
- View the University Catalog