B.S. in Recreation and Parks – Community Recreation and Event Planning Concentration
Students interested in the the Event Planning industry take courses such as leadership, program planning, event planning, special event management, service management, finance and budget, and campus recreation. Graduates have secured jobs as Wedding Planners, Events Managers, Festival Coordinators, Project Managers, Travel Specialists, Reservation Services Managers, and Event Analysts.
Dr. Justin Harmon and his dog “Worry” with participants of the Celebrate the Trail to Recovery hiking program.
Courses for this Concentration Include:
- Leadership in Recreation and Parks
- Community Recreation
- Recreation Services with Underrepresented Groups
- Management in Recreation and Parks
- Meeting and Event Planning Management
Why Study with Us
- CTR faculty are nationally recognized for their teaching and research in parks and recreation management
- All CTR students take specific courses in professional development
- Graduates are eligible to sit for CPRP exam
- Many CTR alumni come back as speakers, facilitators, and mentors to our students
- CTR has strong relationship with fieldwork agencies in NC and across the nation
Career opportunities include positions as an event planner, recreation center director, recreation program planner, aquatics director, park manager, youth and adult sports coordinator, campus recreation manager, sporting event planner, or owner of a commercial recreation business.