School of Health and Human Sciences
- Washington, T., Steward, C. J, & Rose, R. (in press). Academic Trajectories of Children in Formal and Informal Kinship Care. Child Development.
- Washington, T., Calkins, S, Labban, J., Dollar, J., & Keane, S. (2020). Family-level factors affecting social and academic competence of African American Children . Child & Youth Care Forum, 49(3), 383–407.
- Hong, J.S., Lee, J., Thornberg, R., Peguero, A.A., Washington, T., & Voisin, D.R. (2020). Social-ecological pathways to school motivation and future orientation of African American adolescents in Chicago. The Journal of Educational Research, 113(5), 384–395.
- Washington, T., *Wrenn, A., *Kaye, H., *Priester, M ,*Columbo, G, Carter, K., *Shadreck, I., Hargett, B, William, J. & Coakley, T. (2018). Psychosocial Factors of Behavioral Health Outcomes Among Children in Foster and Kinship Care: A Systematic Review, Children and Youth Services Review, 90, 118-133.
- Washington, T., Rose, T., Coard, S.I., Patton, DU., *Young, S., *Nolen, M., & *Giles, S. (2017). Family-level factors, depression, and anxiety among African American children: A systematic review. Child & Youth Care Forum, 46,137–156.
- Coakley, T. M., Washington, T., & Gruber, K. (2018) Assessing Child Welfare Agency Practices and Attitudes that Affect Father Engagement, Journal of Social Service Research, 44, 3, 365-374.
- Washington, T., Rose, T., *Colombo, G., Hong, J. S., & Coard, S. I. (2015). Family-level factors and African American children’s behavioral health outcomes: A systematic review. Child & Youth Care Forum, 44, 6, 819-834.
- Washington, T., *Cryer-Coupet, Q., Coakley, T., Labben, J., Gleeson, J., & Shears, J. (2014) Examining maternal and paternal involvement as promotive factors of competence in African American children in informal kinship care. Children and Youth Services Review, 44 pp. 9-15.
- Washington, T., Gleeson, J. P., & Rulison, K. L. (2013). Competence and African American children in informal kinship care: The role of family. Children and Youth Services Review, 35, 9, 1305-1312.