Latest News and Events
- BSW Advising Day: October 22, 2014
- NASW Conference: November 21-22
- NCSSWA Conference: November 12-14
- News and Events Archives
Our mission is to educate students to become competent, engaged social workers who demonstrate the knowledge, ethics, values, and skills of the profession.
We accomplish this goal within a transformative learning community that encourages the professional development of students, staff, and faculty.
We promote civil rights and pursue social justice for oppressed and marginalized people. We improve the lives of citizens of the Piedmont Triad and beyond through our signature pedagogy, field instruction; through our community-engaged scholarship and research; and through the ongoing leadership of our students, alumni, and faculty.
The Department of Social Work is part of the School of Health and Human Sciences.
- We are passionately committed to encouraging students’ personal and professional growth, to appreciating diversity, to using a global perspective to view the world, and to preparing students to be highly regarded social workers.
- We are committed to equality of educational opportunity.
- We do not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees on the basis of race, color, gender, age, class creed, ethnicity, national origin, family structure, disability, marital status, religion, sex, political orientation, sexual orientation, or gender identity.