The internship fair will take place alongside a regular North Carolina Dietetic Association Regional Meeting, which will take place in Winston-Salem, NC at the Hawthorne Inn & Conference Center on December 2, 2016. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with DI program representatives from NC, SC and VA.
The internship fair will begin at 9:45am and end at 3:15pm as follows:
- 9:45-10:45am – small groups rotations
- 10:45-11:00am – break for ALL meeting participants (RDNs can visit your table during this time)
- 11:00-12:00pm – continued with small group rotations
- 12:00-12:45pm- Lunch for ALL meeting participants
- 12:45-3:15pm – Free roam session for students
The UNCG DI will not hold a separate open house this year. Prospective interns are invited to contact the DI Program Director, Prof. Babbi Hawkins at email@example.com to arrange a time to speak on the phone or schedule a visit to campus.
Policies and Information
- DI Program Information Sheet 2016-17 (pdf file)
- UNCG Campus Safety Questions
- UNCG Dietetic Internship Program Entrance Requirements (pdf file)
- UNCG DI Program Requirements (pdf file)
- UNCG DI Program Completion Requirements (pdf file)
- UNCG Dietetic Internship Verification Statement Policy (pdf file)
- UNCG Dietetic Internship Prior Learning Policy and Recency of Education Policy (pdf file)
- DI Professional Impairment Policy (pdf file)
- UNCG Student Policies and Procedures (pdf file)
Pre-Select Application Process Forms (for UNCG Nutrition Graduate Students only)
- Application Procedures for Current UNCG Graduate Students 16-17 (pdf)
- Dietetic Internship Program Application
- DI Waiver and Recommendation Form (For current graduate students eligible for the Pre-Select option)
- UNCG DI Pre-Select Application Checklist 16-17 (pdf)
Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) Forms (for all other applicants)
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System for all other applicants 2016-2017 (pdf file)
- UNCG supplemental internship application form 2016-17
- UNCG DI application checklist 2016-17 (for student use only) (pdf file)
INTERVIEW PORTION OF THE SELECTION PROCESS:
- Following application review, highly qualified candidates will be invited for an interview to take place on Saturday, March 25, 2017.
- Applicants selected for interview will be notified no later than March 3, 2017. Candidates will be contacted via email or phone.
- Interviews may be conducted in-person (strongly preferred) or via Google Hangout (requires gmail account).
- During the interview, applicants will have the opportunity to meet and network with current UNCG interns and interview with the DI Director and at least two preceptors.
- Only those candidates invited for an interview will have the opportunity to be ranked.
DI Handbook 2016-17 (pdf file)
Our placement facilities require proof of a negative Criminal Background Check (CBC) prior to beginning your placement rotations. If you have a positive CBC for an incident of any sort that appears on your CBC, they reserve the right to refuse you placement at their facility, due to their own legal concerns regarding patient safety. Also, an increasing number of facilities are requiring that all interns have a negative urinary drug screening test. We have contracted with a local facility for this testing for our DI interns. The cost to each intern is currently $43. Again, you will need to have this done shortly before your placement is scheduled to begin and the DI Director will have to confirm to the facility site director that you have a negative drug test result in order for you to be placed at one of those facilities. If you are not able to meet these conditions and, consequently not be placed for one or more of your required rotations, you will not be able to complete the DI program.
Please note: some items require the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe web site.