The Department of Nutrition offers graduate studies leading to the Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree, an accredited post-baccalaureate Dietetic Internship, as well as undergraduate studies with majors in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition and Wellness, and Nutrition Science.
Contact the Department
- Phone: 336-334-5313
- Fax: 336-334-4129
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Program: Dr. Keith Erikson: email@example.com
- Dietetic Internship: Babbi Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate Program: Dr. Lauren Haldeman: email@example.com
- Didactic Program in Dietetics: Laurie Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards and Recognitions
- Congratulations to Lauren Sastre for receiving the 2016 Outstanding Graduate Student Award.
- Congratulations to Caralee Mason for receiving the 2016 Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award.
- Congratulations to Shea Chrismon and Melissa Leonard, who were two of the student winners in the Wellspring Aging Services Innovation Competition, which encouraged students of all majors to consider the needs of individuals age 50 and over and develop business models for improving quality of life for older adults.
- Congratulations to Rose Ewald, who received a Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) Foundation Scholarship to attend the SNEB Annual Conference in San Diego to be held July 30-August 2, 2016.
- Congratulations to Rose Ewald, senior Nutrition major, who was a 1st place award winner in the Thomas Undergraduate Research and Creativity Expo held on March 29, 2016. Her poster is entitled “Hypertension and Obesity in Low-Income, Immigrant and Minority Adolescents”. She is mentored by Dr. Lauren Haldeman.
- Congratulations to Caralee Mason and Lucas Wilkerson, who were each awarded the 2016 Lloyd International Honors College Student Excellence Award on April 27, 2016. This award is given to UNCG Seniors based on superior demonstration of creativity and originality; motivation, initiative and perseverance; analytic, synthetic and critical thinking skills; and the ability to communicate orally and in writing.