The mission of the Center for Women’s Health and Wellness is to advance the health and wellness of all women and girls through collaborative research, educational programs, and community engagement.
CWHW places strong emphasis on the promotion of positive health, quality of life and sense of well being for girls and women of all ages, from all backgrounds and communities. CWHW seeks to incubate and coordinate programs, research and education that support its mission. Currently we are home to three programs:
- Program for Breastfeeding, Gender and Health
- Program to Advance Community Responses to Violence Against Women
- Program for the Advancement of Girls and Women in Sport and Physical Activity
We appreciate your interest in the Center for Women’s Health and Wellness at UNCG. We invite you to contact us, visit our website (http://hhs.uncg.edu/wordpress/cwhw/) or come by for a visit.
We accept financial gifts that further our mission. We have specific needs for funds to support:
- Graduate Assistantships: CWHW graduate students provide support to the Center and programs. Our GA’s have the opportunity to contribute to research, development of community partnerships, and educational programming.
- Program Support. Program funding is used to provide support for the faculty who direct Center programs and to fund the development of pilot projects. Currently Center provides financial support to Drs Christine Murray and Donna Duffy.
- Conference Support. Conference funding is used to support: the bi-annual National Conference on Girls and Women in Sport and Physical Activity; and the annual Breastfeeding and Feminism Symposium. We are now planning for the 7th symposium which is held in collaboration with the Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Community Engaged Partners. This funding is used to provide monetary support to the staff and/or organizations of local programs that partner with us on our scholarship and educational programs. Current partners include: Greensboro YWCA, Family Services of the Piedmont, NC High School Athletic Program, NC Coalition Against Domestic Violence, NC Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and the Mother-Baby Foundation in High Point.
For more information or to discuss these or other opportunities please contact Paige Hall Smith, CWHW Director at 336-334-4735 (work), 919-618-1748 (work mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.